Bite-Size Vegan Potato Bruschetta
Disclaimer: Thanks to The Little Potato Company for sponsoring this blog post! All recipes, wording and opinions are entirely my own.
For those who follow my recipes, they’re more than aware how much I love the potatoes from The Little Potato Company. But of all the recipes that include their little Creamers, I think this recipe is the one that best showcases what makes them so unique: their size!
These bite-size potato pieces are baked in the oven with a bit of nutritional yeast, and are topped with basil, a mix of fresh tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes, and a bit of olive oil. And that’s it. Simple ingredients for a really punchy dish. These bruschetta bites are so flavourful and healthy, perfect for a snack during the week or as appetizers for a special dinner with friends and family on the weekend. The small size of the potatoes make them perfect for one bite, meaning you don’t have to worry about your tomato topping falling onto your lap!
To show you just how easy this recipe can be, I made a short and fun video. Check it out!
(and if you want to follow my YouTube channel, check it out here!)
- 1 cup chilean splash potatoes from The Little Potato Company, sliced into 1-cm thick rounds
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, seeds and excess juices removed and diced
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp high quality olive oil, divided
- balsamic glaze for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toss the sliced potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil, then gently coat them with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Lay them out on a single layer on a baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, toss together the basil, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, and the rest of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- To assemble, top each sliced potato with about 1 tsp of tomato mixture. Garnish with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.