My favourite way to use up- and consume- an insane amount of vegetables is making them into soup. But in the summertime, soup isn’t normally at the top of my priority list. Unless it is gazpacho! Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and often served cold, making it wonderfully satisfying, nutrient-dense, and requires no extra heat to emit from your kitchen.
Need another reason to make this recipe? Broccoli and tomatoes have great stress-managing benefits!
– 3 large tomatoes
– 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
– 1 clove of garlic (I used half a garlic scape)
– 2 cups broccoli florets and stems (steamed in the microwave for 3 minutes on high to soften)
– 1 small handful of fresh parsley
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 4 tbsp high quality extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish if desired
– salt and pepper
1. Put the tomatoes, onion, and garlic is a blender. Blend until combined. Add the broccoli, parsley, vinegar and oil. Blend again on high until the broccoli is well broken down. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Serves 4-6. Best enjoyed cold.