Crunchy & Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy snacks. There is a difference! Just because I don’t practice the snacking ritual doesn’t mean I hate participating. When my loving colleagues at work bring delectable delights, do I coil in fear of participating in the enjoyment of snacks? Of course not! My paws are right in there with everyone else, grabbing for the biggest and most delicious-looking cookie/ animal cracker/ trail mix/ etc…
This is my favourite healthy snack, because it is flavourful and can have endless customizations.
Crunchy and Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
– 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and thoroughly dry (you may have to lay them out on paper towel)
– 1 tbsp canola oil – or any other oil that can withstand high temperatures
– spices of your choice. I personally like a mix of paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The spice type and quantity is entirely up to your taste-buds, but I would suggest starting with 3 tsp total of spices and see where that takes you.
1. Lay your chickpeas into one single layer on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with oil, and then mix the chickpeas together to ensure everything is well coated.
2. Next, add your spices. Again, mix well to make sure every chickpea is going to taste wonderful.
3. Preheat your oven to 400F and add your chickpeas right away (do not wait for it to preheat). Cook for about 40 minutes, stirring everything after 20 minutes
4. Keep an eye on it, you don’t want it to burn!
5. Take everything out of the oven and allow to cool
Best enjoyed by the handful!
Note: they don’t really keep their crunch very well if you store them in tupperware or plastic wrap, so either eat them right away (c’mon, it isn’t that hard!) or re-roast them at 400F for about 10 minutes.