Ginger-Peach Chia Seed Compote
Before and After:
Emerald green! The colour is absolutely beautiful. We are slowly filling our apartment spaces, one piece at a time. I can’t wait to show you guys the final results once everything is in place.
Aside from DIY-ing furniture, I have been busy at work whipping up new culinary creations! Our latest favourite is this ginger-peach chia seed compote. If you haven’t given chia seeds a whirl, I strongly suggest you get on this boat (which, admittedly, arrived months ago but I delayed my boarding). They are both super healthy and super interesting because they have a natural thickening agent as they slurp up extra liquids. This means that it is a great alternative to the labourous process of making jams or jellies.
This particular recipe is incredibly easy and supremely healthy. The light sweetness of the peaches and the zip of the ginger make this a great topping to toast, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. Any place where you would put a delicious jam, this compote can go!
How do you like to eat chia seeds? Share some of your favourite ideas in the comments!
Ginger Peach Chia-seed Compote
- 2 cups of ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Put the peaches and ginger in a food processor and pulse until pureed. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, adjust proportions if needed
- Pour the fruit puree into a mason jar and stir in the chia seeds. Put it in the refrigerator to thicken up (I put it in overnight).
Deliciously used as a jam or fruit compote!
Note that because the ingredients are raw, this compote don’t have as long of a shelf life as jams or jellies. Use within a week.