Sundried Tomato Pesto
After playing around with the food processor, I can proudly say that I have come up with a homemade sun-dried tomato pesto that is really quite simple to make. And you can add it to a huge variety of dishes:
- Sun-dried tomato pesto will brighten up your favourite ‘dirty pasta’ dish (when you toss lingering vegetables in your fridge with pasta and your favourite source of protein). Delicious and nutritionally balanced.
- Add it as a mid-layer in your quiche! I spread some sun-dried tomato pesto between the crust and the egg filling, adding a tarty deiliciousness. Absolutely divine!
No matter how you choose to dice it, sun-dried tomato pesto is delicious. And let’s be honest with ourselves: if it is homemade, it is always better.
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
– 1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (I ended up using dry sun-dried tomatoes and then soaked them in hot water for 20 minutes and then added an additional 1/4 cup oil to the recipe)
– 1/4 cup fresh basil
– 1/4 cup fresh parsley
– 1 garlic clove, diced
– 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
– olive oil, to taste or to achieve the text you prefer
– pepper to taste
Toss everything in a food processor and whirl. Taste, adjust seasonings if needed, whirl again. Yum.